Terms Of Service
Welcome to quarantineconnections.org, a website that connects adults for sending handwritten notes to one another (“Quarantine Connections”). Please read this statement carefully before using Quarantine Connections. By using or accessing Quarantine Connections, you (“User”) agree that you have read, understand, and are bound by these Terms of Service ("Terms") and are at least 18 years of age.
The User will be providing information (“Data”) about themselves, which includes personal information, some of which will be supplied to other Users to facilitate the Service.
User Consent to the Terms
By proceeding to use Quarantine Connections, you are consenting to the Terms as if you had physically signed an agreement containing the Terms. If you do not accept the Terms, please do not use Quarantine Connections. Your failure to adhere to the Terms may result in the suspension or termination of your access to Quarantine Connections, without notice.
Your access to and use of Quarantine Connections is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use Quarantine Connections. By accessing or using Quarantine Connections you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you should not register and access Quarantine Connections as a User.
Modification of the Terms
Quarantine Connections reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to modify the Terms at any time and without notice to the User. We also reserve the right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the website at any time. Any modifications are effective and become a part of the Terms when they are posted.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement and supersede any prior agreement between you and us regarding your use of Quarantine Connections. Quarantine Connections makes every reasonable effort to explain, navigate, and distribute its Term.
The User may not make any changes to or modification of these terms. We encourage you to visit this page to review the current Terms prior to each new use of Quarantine Connections.
You may not use Quarantine Connections if you are under 18 years of age. This restriction applies to senders and receivers of mail alike. By accepting these Terms, you are stating that you are 18 years or older.
User Account Registration
To register as a User, you agree that:
- The Data that you provide will be current, complete, and accurate. This may include information such as your real name, mailing address, and Facebook profile. If you provide any information that is not current, or is incomplete or inaccurate, or if the administrators of Quarantine Connections believe that such information is not current, or is incomplete or inaccurate, Quarantine Connections has the right to suspend or terminate your User registration.
- Your Facebook profile belongs to you and reflects your identity. You are not using it on behalf of someone else.
- You will maintain and promptly update the registration Data to keep it current, complete, and accurate at all times;
- You represent only yourself on Quarantine Connections, and no other persons, living, dead, or imagined.
- Under no circumstances does Quarantine Connections have any obligations under the Terms to check the accuracy or truthfulness of the registration data of any User.
Security and User Privacy
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are responsible for any and all User accessible activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Quarantine Connections immediately on becoming aware of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
You agree that Quarantine Connections and its authorized employees can access your account, including its contents as stated above, or to respond to support queries or technical issues, or to fulfill its obligations under these Terms.
Quarantine Connections understands and respects your rights of privacy. It is because of this philosophy that, subject to the exclusions below, your personal details provided to Quarantine Connections will not be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties.
Quarantine Connections reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain, and/or disclose in good faith any information it believes in good faith that such action or disclosure is necessary to conform to legal and governmental requirements, or to protect and defend the rights or property of Quarantine Connections or enforce the Terms.
User Code of Conduct
As a condition of your use of the Quarantine Connections, you guarantee that you will not use Quarantine Connections for any purpose that is unlawful and/or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
Because you are providing personal Data, which may be shared with other users, you are bound to act in a manner that respects the privacy of all Users and the personal safety of anyone else that is using Quarantine Connections.
You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account made by you, including the content of your transmissions through the Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree NOT to:
- Share the personal data of any User including, but not limited to, their name, address, profile image, or Facebook page with any other individual, website, organization or any other entity.
- Send any correspondence to any User that is not directed by Quarantine Connections. This means you will not: send repeated letters without reciprocated responses, make contact on Facebook without receiving invitations to do so, obtain community-members’ email addresses or send them emails by searching for their personal information online, or perform any similar actions that would violate reasonable standards of comfort.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, distribute, and/or disseminate any harmful, obscene, indecent, unlawful, libellous, profane, defamatory, infringing, inappropriate, hateful, pornographic or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material or information, either online or via the address(es) provided.
- Create a false or misleading identity, including, but not limited to, on Quarantine Connections itself, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or to harvest or otherwise collect information about others.
- Disseminate content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right of any party or infringes any intellectual property law or any other applicable law.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, or any other form of such solicitation.
- Interfere with another User’s enjoyment and use of Quarantine Connections.
Without prejudice to the Security and User Privacy of the Terms, Quarantine Connections has no obligation to monitor the User’s use of Quarantine Connections.
If and when the User provides an address and name other than their own (a “Non-primary User”) to receive a letter, for example, a sick relative with no Internet access and/or Facebook account, the User agrees that they have the express permission of the Non-primary User to supply the Non-primary User’s name and address and other relevant Data. And in this case, the User agrees to all the Terms of Service of Quarantine Connections, and takes responsibility for the Non-primary User’s adherence to the Terms, as expressed here and elsewhere on the site.
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to the any principles of conflicts of law rules. By accessing Quarantine Connections, you agree that any litigation that arises out of, or is related to, these Terms will be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Wisconsin, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such court for the purposes of litigation.
If any provision of these Terms are found unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be considered severable from the remaining Terms, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Quarantine Connections Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Quarantine Connections content including but not limited to (1) text, (2) software, (3) images, (4) graphics, (5) page layout, and (6) design presented through and as part of the site by Quarantine Connections is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws.
Such content received through the site may be displayed, reformatted, and printed by you for your personal, non-commercial use only and at all times used solely in connection with Quarantine Connections in accordance with the Terms.
Certain names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Quarantine Connections web site constitute trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property collectively referred to as ‘IP rights’ of Quarantine Connections. Ownership of such IP rights remains with Quarantine Connections. You are authorised to use such IP rights during the process of promoting and using Quarantine Connections.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- Your use of Quarantine Connections is at your sole risk. Quarantine Connections and all the applications, features, content, and materials are made available on, in conjunction with or through Quarantine Connections are provided “as is” and “as available” with or through Quarantine Connections without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- This disclaimer applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure or performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, data processing failure, computer virus, hacking or unauthorized software intrusion, computer virus, mechanical failures, communication line failure, weather, walkout, fire, act of God, riot, armed conflict, act of war, theft, or destruction, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or any other cause of action.
- We strongly recommend that you take appropriate safeguards when corresponding with Users that you meet through Quarantine Connections. In responding to a User’s profile and using Quarantine Connections, you agree to hold Quarantine Connections and its creators, administrators, owners, employees, and agents harmless from all costs, liabilities, damages and attorney fees, resulting from any use of Quarantine Connections.
- The warranties on the part of Quarantine Connections contained in these Terms are given in place of and replace, exclude, and extinguish all and every other condition or warranty whatsoever on the part of Quarantine Connections, written or oral, whether express or implied by statute, regulation, directive or any other legislative or administrative enactment, common law, trade usage, custom or otherwise to the full extent permitted by law.
- The information and content included in or available through Quarantine Connections may include inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- Changes are periodically added to the information contained on Quarantine Connections and it may make changes in functionality at any time.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Quarantine Connections shall create any warranty whatsoever.
- You are providing your personal information including, but not limited to your name, address, picture, and Facebook URL to other Users that you do not know and as such you are responsible for this information being used by other people to send you physical mail or look up your personal information online. Additionally, Quarantine Connections cannot guarantee that other Users may use Quarantine Connections as directed and that they may violate the provisions of User Conduct of these Terms. As such, Quarantine Connections is not responsible for the unauthorized or unexpected misuse of Data by any other User of Quarantine Connections.
Except as otherwise expressly provided in the Terms, Quarantine Connections does NOT represent or warrant that:
- Quarantine Connections site will function as it is stated, including actually receiving physical mail or matching with other Users.
- The website will be uninterrupted or error-free, timely or secure.
- Defects or errors will be corrected, or that Quarantine Connections is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- The use of or the results of the use of the Quarantine Connections or the content made available will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
- The Data input by other Users is correct or accurate.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that Quarantine Connections shall not be responsible or liable for:
- Unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through the service.
- Any threatening, defamatory, obscene, abusive, offensive, harassing, or illegal content whatsoever from another User.
- The conduct of any other User or any infringement of another’s rights, including intellectual property rights.
- Any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation:
- Damages for loss of use
- Data goodwill
- Profits, or other intangible losses
- Use or performance of Quarantine Connections or related websites
- Delay or inability to use Quarantine Connections or related websites
- Provision of or failure to provide services, information or software
- Services obtained through Quarantine Connections, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Quarantine Connections
- Error, omission, inaccuracy, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, hacking or unauthorized software intrusion, communication line failure
- Theft, destruction or unauthorized access, alteration
Whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise – even if Quarantine Connections or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
If you are dissatisfied with the service or any part of the service your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the service and its related website.
By accessing Quarantine Connections, you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Quarantine Connections and its affiliates and their creators, respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and third party service providers, and to defend and hold each of them harmless from any and all claims and liabilities (including attorney fees) which may arise from your submissions, from your unauthorized use of material obtained through the Quarantine Connections, from your breach of these Terms, or from your use of and access to the Quarantine Connections. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
Modification and Termination of the Service
You agree that Quarantine Connections, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account or use of the Service, and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason.
Quarantine Connections may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue temporarily or permanently providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of access to the Service under any provision of the Terms may be effected without notice, and acknowledge and agree that Quarantine Connections may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information
Further you agree that Quarantine Connections shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of access to its site or modification of its features.
Quarantine Connections may terminate or suspend access to its site without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, Quarantine Connections Proprietary Rights, User Code of Conduct, Disclaimer, Indemnification, and Limitation of Liability.
Please report any violations of the Terms via the Quarantine Connections Contact page.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Quarantine Connections and the User and supersede any previous agreement or understanding between Quarantine Connections and the User.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact Quarantine Connections via the Contact Page.